“Día de Los Muertos” (Day of the Dead in Spanish) is such a colorful celebration that is gaining momentum around the world outside of Mexico! Why not make a few skulls with your kids?
These Catrinas – type craft look great decorating walls or Day of the Dead offering tables.
(VIDEO) Paper Plate Calaveras for Day of the Dead:
Watch this video on Facebook.
1. Download the Free Printable from the link at the bottom of this page.
2. Cut out and paste the skull’s eyes and nose hole to a paper plate.
3. Chop the paper plate’s “cheeks”.
4. Decorate your skull however you want! Felt tips are great for quick results but also look great with other materials such as paint or even playdough 🙂
PDF with a template of 3 skulls’ eyes and nose hole.
You might also like: 1-10 Animal Numbers for Kids (Multilingual)
Planning to do this activity?
If you do this with your kids, I’d LOVE to see pictures of your finished projects posted on the Facebook wall of Box of Ideas.
Get the PDF:
* Quick Note * My beloved email friends get all the newest printables and ideas once a month, right in their inbox!
Sign up here for that list 🙂
Instructions to Download:
1. Click above on the “Download Printable” button.
2. Click on “I want this!” (either leave the price as $0 to download for free, or support this project with a donation from your kind heart. Much appreciated!).
3. Enter your e-mail and get your files in your preferred language(s).
The Author: Rodrigo Macias is a bilingual creative mixing his experience working in Childcare and Design to come up with imaginative & educational printables and activities for kids.